- This event has passed.
Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)(level 2) (2HSW001)
Tuesday, April 12th, @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£120.00
Monday, January 31st, 2022
This qualification specification is designed to outline all you need to know to offer this qualification at your centre. If you have any further questions, please contact us here.
Qualification regulation and support
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF) has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation. The qualification is also regulated by Qualifications Wales.
Guidance on assessment
The qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination. This method of assessment is an end-of-course exam and must follow the Highfield Qualifications Examination and Invigilation Procedures. The examination for this qualification contains 20 questions that must be completed within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%. Completed examination papers should be returned to Highfield Qualifications for marking. Results will then be provided to the centre afterwards.
Centres must take all reasonable steps to avoid any part of the assessment of a learner (including any internal quality assurance and invigilation) being undertaken by any person who has a personal interest in the result of the assessment.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace
Recommended training materials
The following resources have been reviewed by Highfield and are recommended training materials for users of this qualification:
•A Question of Health & Safety (Level 2), Sprenger, Christian M.R. Highfield International
• The Health and Safety Handbook (Level 2), Sprenger, Christian M.R. Highfield International
• Level 2 Health & Safety E-learning, Highfield International
• Level 2 Award in Health and Safety, Digital Download PowerPoint, Trasler, K: Fisher, I. Highfield International
• Level 2 Interactive Health and Safety Training Package, Sprenger, Christian M.R. Highfield International
• Health & Safety 4U DVD, Highfield International
• Level 2 Health & Safety Challenge DVD, Sprenger, Christian M.R. Highfield International
• Cards4Safety Level 2 Health and Safety, Highfield International
UNSURE ABOUT SUITABLILITY THEN PLEASE ASK
Classes from 09:00 to 18:00
Legislation, Standards, CE Markings and Guidance
Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
Hierarchy of Fall Protection Measures
IPAF Harness Statement
Harness, Lanyard and Fittings
Pre-Use Checks and Correct Usage (inc Practical)
Usage and Anchor Points
Harness Storage and Maintenance
Hazards and Precautions
Rescue Requirements and Options
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This course is suitable for anyone within the building trade. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a certificate of awareness, valid for 3year.
Qualification Number: 603/1289/0
Learning Aim Reference: 60312890
Credit Value: 1
Assessment Method: Multiple Choice Question Examination
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 6
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 10
*See Guidance on Delivery section for more information